The CoolTouch laser is the medical grade “gold standard” of care for laser wrinkle reduction, and acne and acne scarring without injury to the skin’s surface. The painless laser treatment stimulates the generation of collagen without causing surface damage and is a comfortable, safe procedure that can be performed in a series of treatments for fine line, skin tightening / skin rejuevenation, and especially acne scarring. The results are simply incredible and we are told “life changing”.
Over recent years, research and development into the treatments of acne & acne scarring has enabled more effective and predictable results in what has been up until now a difficult problem to improve. Unfortunately in the past, acne has usually been an accepted part of adolescent years, however many patients speak of the embarrassment and sometimes interpersonal problems that have occurred to them during that period of time. For some, failure of adequate treatment, or lack of treatment can result in a lifetime of frustration and self-consciousness with post acne scarring.
How CoolTouch Works
You do not need to suffer with acne scars (including post acne inflammatory hyperpigmentation), we can quickly and effectively treat you. The CoolTouch lasers target and shrink the oil glands that can lead to acne and acne scars, while simultaneously boosting your own natural collagen to improve pores and wrinkles.
- The laser’s heat gently stimulates the dermal tissues causing the skin cells to rebuild and replenish your own natural collagen.
- Brings back the glow of healthy, younger-looking skin (effective anti-aging treatment).
- This advanced treatment is also used to build collagen and shrink the cysts of acne.
- Treatments typically take between 10 and 30 minutes, depending on the area to be treated and the severity of your condition. Treatments are pain free, and there is no downtime.
- You may experience mild redness in the treated area for a short period of time.
- On average, you’ll need minimum of three treatments to see the improvements that you want.
- Follow-up visits may be required to monitor your improvements and make them last longer.
Other benefits include immediate recovery usually with no post-op care, and gradual, perceptible improvement over time. This treatment will also help improve the texture of your skin.
How Many CoolTouch Treatments Do I Need?
Clinical studies suggest that an average of three treatments are needed to stimulate new growth. We also recommend regular touch up treatments to sustain the continued growth of new collagen. Research also indicates that better results are achieved when laser treatments are done in conjunction with either glycolic peels or microdermabrasion treatments along with a healthy skin care regimen. We work closely with a licensed esthetician that provides these treatments and skin care evaluations for our patients as package deals.
As a best in class board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Mune Gowda, MD, FACS provides highly personalized and comprehensive care. His philosophy regarding the doctor/patient relationship is based on trust and has earned him one of the most respected reputations in South East Michigan. The top rated plastic surgeon uses the latest laser techniques to provide the most natural-looking results possible from your laser treatment procedure.
Novi, MI Plastic Surgery Office
26850 Providence Parkway
Novi, MI 48374
Troy, MI Plastic Surgery Office
3270 West Big Beaver
Troy, MI 48084