Mune Gowda, MD, FACS a M.D. is a best in class board-certified plastic surgeon, a member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons. Dr. Gowda is highly respected by his peers as well as his patients.
Dr. Gowda is a caring and compassionate physician who is dedicated to his profession and goes above and beyond to achieve the optimal results for all of his patients.
Attention to the most critical and minute details, unwavering patience and pinpoint precision have always been his trademarks, this has garnered him the respect and admiration of his peers.
Top Plastic Surgeon Awards and Honors
- Top Doctor – 2020 MI Top Docs
- Top 10 Plastic Surgeon 2020 – National Academy of Plastic Surgeons
- Top Doc 2020 – Hour Detroit Magazine
- Best Doctors for 2001-2018, Best Doctors, Inc
- Outstanding Instructor Award, Plastic Surgery Department, DMC
- America’s Top Surgeons, Consumer’s Research Council of America
- Top Plastic Surgeon, The Leading Physicians of the World
- 10 Best Plastic Surgeons Multiple Awards – 2018 – 2020 American Institute of Plastic Surgeons
- Top Doctor – 2018 Top Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- Top Plastic Surgeon Reviews – 2018
- Top Plastic Surgeon – 2017 Leading Physicians of the World
- America’s Top Plastic Surgeons – 2013 & 2016 Consumers Research Council of America
- Awarded Top Doc Multiple Years – Hour Detroit Magazine-Peer Nomination
- 10 Consecutive Best Doctor Awards 2001-2010-Best Doctors, Inc.-Peer Nomination
- America’s Top Surgeons – 2007 Consumers Research Council of America
- Outstanding Instructor and Teacher Awards – 2010 Plastic Surgery Department Detroit Medical Center
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Senior Residents Teacher Award – 2009 Detroit Medical Center
- Outstanding Clinical Faculty Multiple Years – 1986-1989 Department of Plastic Surgery Ascension Providence
I strongly believe that my background in microsurgery and the delicate techniques involved in reconstruction improved my skills and made me a better surgeon and gradually my practice evolved into plastic surgery.Dr. Mune Gowda
Dr. Gowda received his undergraduate education at Bangalore Medical College and his post graduate training at Bowring Hospital, Bangalore, India. He then trained at Mount Carmel Mercy Hospital for five years in general surgery, followed by a fellowship in hand and micro surgery at Harper Grace. His training in Plastic surgery was obtained at Wayne State School of Medicine July of 1983 through June of 1985. He became board certified in Plastic Surgery November of 1987.
Dr. Gowda is currently on staff at Providence and Beaumont Hospitals, and at Wayne State University where he Associate Program Director of the Plastic Surgery Department. He has been involved in the education and training of plastic surgery residence since 1990. He specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery of the face and body. Dr. Gowda is a member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
The doctor patient relationship is a special partnership in which I treat and care for all my patients with dignity and respect, and as unique individuals. Also, the consultation and request to undergo particular plastic surgery is very personal.Dr. Mune Gowda
As a best in class plastic surgeon, Dr. Gowda provides highly personalized and comprehensive care. His philosophy regarding the physician/patient relationship is based on trust and has earned him one of the most respected reputations in South East Michigan. The top rated plastic surgeon uses the latest techniques to provide the most natural-looking results possible for your plastic surgery procedure.
The most popular elected plastic surgery at Dr. Mune Gowda’s plastic surgery practice includes breast augmentation with breast implants, liposuction, facelifts, breast lifts, breast reductions, Mommy Makeovers, and rhinoplasty surgery.
Dr. Gowda’s Hospital Affiliations
- Ascension Providence Hospital in Novi, Michigan
- William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan
Dr. Gowda performs his surgical procedures in either hospital or his high tech surgical center located inside his Novi Office in the Ascension Providence Hospital Medical Building.
Beaumont, Royal Oak is a 1,061-bed major academic and referral center with level 1 trauma status. In the US, it is number one for inpatient admissions and two for surgeries:
Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
3601 W. 13 Mile Road
Royal Oak, MI 48073
Ascension Providence is a member of St. John Health locally, and a member of Ascension Health nationally, the largest Catholic and not-for-profit health system in the country:
Ascension Providence Hospital – Novi Campus
47601 Grand River
Novi, MI 48374
For more information about the plastic surgeries we offer or to schedule a consultation with the best in class plastic surgeon, Dr. Mune Gowda, MD, FACS please contact either our Novi or Troy (Michigan) plastic surgery practice:
Novi, MI Plastic Surgery Office
26850 Providence Parkway
Novi, MI 48374
Troy, MI Plastic Surgery Office
3270 West Big Beaver
Troy, MI 48084