Laser skin resurfacing is a powerful and incredibly effective non-surgical treatment offered by Dr. Mune Gowda, board certified plastic surgeon, at his laser surgery centers of Troy and Novi. CO2 lasers are aimed at eradicating lines and wrinkles and improving the appearance of facial blemishes, from sun damage to acne scarring. During a CO2 laser resurfacing treatment, short pulses of light energy are directed beneath the skin’s surface to stimulate collagen production, at the same time as the top layer of skin cells is removed to reveal new undamaged skin beneath. Dr. Gowda uses Smartskin CO2 by Cynosure – the highest quality best in class gold standard of CO2 lasers. This laser is the most powerful system on the market, capable of amazingly good results.
How the CO2 Laser Works
The CO2 laser is a powerful beam of light, which heats water within the skin. This means that treated skin literally vaporizes. The laser can also be used to sculpt the skin into a contour and shape that suits the patient, helping to blend out scars, shaping the nasal contour and removing protruding skin growths.
The carbon dioxide (CO2) laser is the most powerful laser method to improve the structure of the skin. This laser has been used to significantly improve the appearance of the skin and provide a youthful appearance.
First of all, I’d like to start off by saying how incredible the results were from CO2. I had the CO2 laser surgery performed four months ago and I wished that I had it sooner. Dr. Gowda’s masterful precision coupled with his artistic sensibility led to fantastic results for me! He literally re-sculpted my face. I have never ever had even skin tone in my life. My wrinkles are dramatically reduced and I easily look over 10 years younger. Dr. Gowda really care about his patient (me) throughout the entire process. There was very little pain involved, if any, and I would highly recommend getting the CO2 laser treatment to anyone and everyone.YELP
CO2 Lasers Treat:
- Hyperpigmentation issues / uneven skin tone.
- Acne scars.
- Liver spots.
- Medium to light wrinkles.
- Fine lines and crow’s feet.
- Sun damage.
- Removes unwanted skin growths such as keratosis, syringoma and skin tags.
- Tightens the skin (laser facelift).
The type, depth, and power of the CO2 laser treatment, administered by Board Certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Mune Gowda, will depend on a variety of factors, which include:
- The type of damage (e.g. scars, wrinkles, acne).
- The extent of the damage (i.e. only around the mouth, or the whole face).
- The type and color of your skin.
- Where you have had any previous peels (whether they be chemical, laser, or dermabrasion).
- Whether you suffer active acne.
- Whether you have had any previous operations to your face (e.g. eyelid surgery).
- We will also need to know whether you have suffered from cold sores or shingles (herpes virus), and whether you have received Accutane treatment for acne (within the previous two years).
Individuals who have undergone a chemical peel in the last few months, or those who have had dermabrasion performed are not good candidates for CO2 laser treatment.
Post-operative CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing Instructions:
- Dressings, creams: The postoperative care of your skin is a mandatory part of the actual treatment. The postoperative care is carefully explained to you after the operation, and is described on an information sheet given to you when you leave the surgery center. You will have daily contact with our staff for the first few days after the procedure.
- Post-operative visits: We like to review (or have contact with) you the day following the procedure, then after one, and three weeks. In fact, at any time, if you have any queries or problems, we would like to see, or hear from you.
- Makeup: May be used following re-epithelialisation (7 to 10 days).
As a best in class board certified plastic surgeon, Mune Gowda, MD, FACS provides highly personalized and comprehensive care. His philosophy regarding the doctor/patient relationship is based on trust and has earned him one of the most respected reputations in South East Michigan. The top rated plastic surgeon uses the latest laser techniques to provide the most natural-looking results possible from your laser treatment procedure.
Novi, MI Plastic Surgery Office
26850 Providence Parkway
Novi, MI 48374
Troy, MI Plastic Surgery Office
3270 West Big Beaver
Troy, MI 48084