Breast reduction plastic surgery is a popular procedure offered at Mune Gowda, MD, FACS‘ plastic surgery centers of Novi & Troy, Michigan. Breast reduction plastic surgery reduces the size of a woman’s breasts. The removal of excess breast tissue can help women escape from the physical limitations, pain, and soreness that large breasts often cause such as back problems, shoulder tension, pain from digging bra straps, unwanted stares in public, insecurity issues, and other consequences of large breasts. Dr. Gowda is skilled at breast reduction plastic surgery with minimal surgical scarring. In certain cases, breast reduction plastic surgery is best achieved with the addition of a breast lift during the time of surgery.
Please note: Traditional and common breast reduction plastic surgery can leave long, horizontal scars, Dr. Gowda’s method of breast reduction plastic surgery is noted for its short, vertical scars that can remain hidden even if the patient wears a bikini top or a low-cut shirt.
*To schedule a confidential consultation please phone (248) 305-8400 or click to request a breast reduction plastic surgery consultation via our online form.
Insurance May Cover Breast Reduction Plastic Surgery
Because breast reduction plastic surgery can have very positive profound effects on a woman’s overall health, many health insurance carriers will cover part or all of the breast reduction procedural fees. During your consultation at either our Troy or Novi, Michigan office, our financial coordinator will check with your insurance company to see if they cover breast reduction procedures.
Is Breast Reduction Plastic Surgery Right for You?
Ideal candidates for breast reduction cosmetic surgery at Dr. Gowda’s Plastic Surgery Centers in Novi or Troy, Michigan should be at a healthy, stable weight. Many of Dr. Gowda’s patients choose this procedure in order to:
- Reduce the back pain and physical discomfort associated with large breasts
- Restore a rounder shape to breasts that have stretched due to their size
- Minimize everyday inconveniences like being unable to sleep on your stomach, wear your favorite clothes, or exercise normally
- Minimize a “top-heavy” look and create a more balanced and harmonious appearance
- Reduce the breast to a desired breast size
- Re-position of the nipple
- Have a significant breast increase due to pregnancy or breast-feeding and have not lost the “Weight” in their breasts
- Skin irritation beneath your breasts
- Indentations in your shoulders from tight bra straps
- Restriction of physical activity due to the size and weight of your breasts
Dr. Gowda is a well-known for his plastic surgeries of the breast including procedures such as breast augmentation with breast implants and breast lift plastic surgery (“mastopexy“), which provide women a chance to restore a natural-looking, firmer breast shape. In the case of a breast reduction, for optimal results, Dr. Gowda may recommend a breast reduction with breast implants (this will depend on your particular case).
What Will Breast Reduction Achieve for Me?
- Smaller breast size in order to alleviate back pain
- Helps to avoid sensation of lost nerves due to stretching
- Provides a better contour of the breast and overall body contour
- Corrects asymmetry of the breasts
- Restores breasts to a more natural and much firmer state
As a best in class plastic surgeon, Dr. Gowda provides highly personalized and comprehensive care. His philosophy regarding the physician/patient relationship is based on trust and has earned him one of the most respected reputations in South East Michigan. The top rated plastic surgeon uses the latest techniques to provide the most natural-looking breast reduction results possible.
For more information about breast reduction plastic surgery, please contact our plastic surgery practice:
Novi, MI Plastic Surgery Office
26850 Providence Parkway
Novi, MI 48374
Troy, MI Plastic Surgery Office
3270 West Big Beaver
Troy, MI 48084